Monday, May 4, 2009

Randakka Randakka - Anniyan

This composition from Harris Jeyaraj’s is one of the most captivating 'dappanguthu' (folk-lore music) I have known in the tamil cinema music. HJ’s queer chorus syllables, and voices chosen to render the song help carve out his trademark.

Randakka from Anniyan is my favorite among his works. Amazing duo of KK and jazze gift and Sandhavi and Shreya Ghoshal and the memorable lyrics by Vairamuthu make this song HJ’s probable magnum opus.I have blogged this song with Tara Balakrishnan – a very talented singer through whom I got introduced to Muziboo. Listen to it and let me (us) know what you feel :)

Originally sung by: KK, Jazze Gift, Saindhavi, Shreya Ghoshal
Music: Harris Jeyaraj
Lyrics: Vairamuthu
Bloggedd by: Tara Balakrishnan and Karthik Nagarajan
Language: Tamizh

2 comments:

  1. can i say..wOw! :) Karthik ur a pimp (not in a bad way)...u totally rocked! :) Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Karthik I hope you are not kidding! This is even better than the original dear I mean it sincerely. While the female singer has done a good job you were too good and did better than the original. I suggest you send this to HJ and I bet he would be pleasantly shocked. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete